Saturday, September 14, 2013

In the Works

Contrary to popular belief, I can work hard and I have some things in the works.  It all has to do with a man named Brian Barczyk.  He is the owner of BHB Reptiles up in Michigan.  This is basically one of the world's biggest snake breeding facilities in the world.  He has tens of thousands of snakes.  So what does this snake breeder have to do with Primitive Tim?

He has a successful youtube channel called SnakeBytesTV and has over 140,000 subscribers right now.  For such a niche market that is a ton of subscribers!  He did this by making the snake breeding hobby interesting to everyone.  This is an example of one of his videos.    This is a man that is absolutely passionate about reptiles and animals in general.  He has a vision of creating another youtube channel that he wants to become the Animal Planet of the internet, except it will actually be awesome.  We want to focus on showing people how incredible wildlife is rather than worry about ratings.   Obviously he is way too busy to provide content for this new channel because he's really busy cleaning poop out of his thousands of snakes' cages.  Anyway, he needs external sources to film, edit, and host episodes for this new channel.  The way this will work is I will remain Primitive Tim and provide content for his channel as me.  I feel like this is a pretty good opportunity and a huge stage for me to get my name out.

So far I have filmed and edited a few episodes and I have gotten nothing but good feedback from Brian.  We talked on the phone going over all the business stuff and how our relationship will be and all that good stuff.  Every so often I'll give him updates on what's going on and he has always been really encouraging.  I invested in a new camera and that has only boosted my zeal to film and produce great content.  I put out videos every week of some of my favorite latest footage that I've taken.  These videos are called Fun Footage Friday.  This is to let people know that I am working on stuff and Primitive Tim is an active channel.

Here's a shot from Yesterday's filming trip!

2 comments: