Monday, November 18, 2013

My First Ghost Hunt

Every so often I like to get on google earth and look around for new areas that look like they might be fun to explore.  There was a small road that cut through some dense forest that caught my eye.  Its name was Volco road.  I wasn't even sure if it was open to public access so I googled the name of the road.  The first result was that of some kind of ghost website.  That sparked my interest so I checked it out.  Apparently the place is haunted.

I've never had any experiences with ghosts or super natural things like that.  I never thought it was impossible for there to be spirits roaming the earth and "haunting" certain areas.  There are just loads of obviously false reports and poor data.  We don't have any solid proof so I never bothered with it wondering about these things.

We turned onto Volco road at about 11 PM.  Midnight is supposed to be prime time for supernatural activity but we're getting old so we weren't going to stay that late.  Videoing as we slowly drove down the dirt road the preconceived ideas of witches and satan worshipers' souls wandering the woods really started to get me nervous.  Ahead we saw a sign indicating a bridge.  We slowed down as we approached it and my friend's car made a weird sound.  Apparently that was normal.  It still startled me.  We stopped on the bridge, shut the car off, and turned the headlights off and waited.  There was the normal sounds of crickets and frogs calling.  With nothing out of the ordinary occurring we ventured out of the car, looking over the sides of the small bridge.  Still nothing.

It basically went like this the whole night.  We didn't come across anything weird or supernatural.  We just found a nasty animal carcass that someone had dumped... or sacrificed!  After exploring the rest of the road we left.  Maybe next time I'll have to light a fire on the bridge at midnight with a caged black cat on friday the thirteenth on a full moon.

I guess my initial beliefs haven't changed much after this experience.

2 comments:

  1. I was very skeptical of ghosts or haunting a in general until last night. My friend and I went down Volco Rd and stopped on the second bridge, then shut off the car and lights. After about 5-6 minutes of sitting there taking pictures with the flash we heard a low, loud scream only about 20 yards out in the woods. The car hesitated to start but I hunned it down the rest of the road... Overall a very scary experience with no logical explanation that I can come up with.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was very skeptical of ghosts or haunting a in general until last night. My friend and I went down Volco Rd and stopped on the second bridge, then shut off the car and lights. After about 5-6 minutes of sitting there taking pictures with the flash we heard a low, loud scream only about 20 yards out in the woods. The car hesitated to start but I hunned it down the rest of the road... Overall a very scary experience with no logical explanation that I can come up with.

    ReplyDelete