Monday, December 16, 2013

First Primitive Hunt

Well, it wasn't totally primitive.  I wore modern clothes and shoes.  I know, lame.  My bow and arrows are all primitive though.

I got out in the woods around 7:30 and the sun was just starting to peek over the trees in the distance.  The temperature was 31 degrees Fahrenheit in central Georgia and that is as cold as I have felt it all year.  It was a shock to me but I just toughed it out, like the rest of the country is doing.  I saw several deer all the way up to around noon.  The deer were out in full force.  However, I can't shoot deer cause I don't have a Georgia hunting license so all I can shoot are pigs and armadillos, which aren't regulated.  I saw lots of pig tracks, some of which were huge, but none were seen or heard.

Regardless, it was a really nice day in the woods.  I can always learn from these experiences even when I don't succeed.  I've got a few more days of hunting.  I really want to prove that what I've made is up to the task of harvesting big game.


No comments:

Post a Comment